Monday, September 17, 2012

The Start (273 Words)

     My eyes open slowly as I start to hear the faint beeping of my alarm going off at exactly 6:00 am. It starts out very quiet, but slowly grows more intense. It annoys you to the point of wanting to throw it at the wall so I can just roll back over and go back to sleep. I lay there for a couple minutes listening to the beeping. I grown and reach up and hit the snooze button. I have 10 more minutes of silence, but these 10 minutes of silence feel like only 30 seconds. I groan louder this time and hit the snooze button again. I do this 2 more times until finally I force my self to sit up. My eyes are still shut. There could be someone in  my room trying to kill me and I wouldn't even know it because I was still half asleep I have to force my eyes open just as I did when I sat up. I look at the clock, it's 6:40 am, I have 20 minutes before I have to leave for school for my creative writing class, one of the most interesting classes i have ever been in. Who knows what awaits me in that class. Surprisingly, by thinking that, it somewhat motivated me to get moving and get ready for the day. Who knew that I would find a key to unlock my inner child that day. It was crazy but I think it made sense, and hopefully the key will work for me. I'll just have to wait and see, and keep my promise I made to Mr. A.