Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sirens (252 Words)

The sirens of an emergency vehicle grow louder and louder. What could be happening? My mind begins to race trying to think of what could possibly be happening just within a few miles of where I am. Now I begin to hear another siren, this must be really bad. Maybe its a fire! If it was, how did it start? Some kid home alone making mac and cheese left the burner on? Or maybe a candle fell over setting a drape on fire. My mind begins to wander again thinking of other possibilities of what could be happening. Maybe a crime is in progress. A man or woman is robbing the bank just down the street. Why are they robbing it? Are they desperate for money? Or do they just enjoy the adrenaline rush? My mind starts to think of worse crimes, like a shooting. Perhaps 2 people got in a fight and one pulled a gun on the other and shot him. I think that one is not as likely as I probably would have been able to hear a gun shot if I can hear the sirens. But who knows? Maybe he had a silencer anything is possible. As my mind slows down and stops thinking of what might have happened I notice something, the sirens have stopped. I cant tell if they arrived to where they were headed or if they just went far enough to where I cant hear them anymore. I guess I will never know.